Our Mission and Vision
Every student is entitled to the services of a professional school counselor. Our mission is to provide a comprehensive guidance program that will assist all students in acquiring the skills, knowledge, and attitudes needed to become effective students, responsible citizens, productive workers, and lifelong learners.
The vision of Mount Saint Charles Academy and its School Counseling program is for all students to be college and/or career ready. Every Mountie is a unique and talented learner, and our goal is for every student to succeed by engaging in personal inquiry and growth, social responsibility, and academic and career excellence.
- All students can achieve and meet high standards that will result in academic success.
- All students have a right to a safe and supportive learning environment.
- All children are unique and should be treated with respect and dignity, and fostering a culture of respect and positive self-image is the collaborative effort of the school, home, and community.
- The school counseling program serves a central role in meeting students’ developmental needs through interventions in academic, career, and personal/social domains.
- Student needs can be best met through a data-driven comprehensive school counseling program in collaboration with all stakeholders.
- A comprehensive school counseling program is tailored to meet students’ educational and developmental needs as identified through needs assessments that have been translated in to attainable goals.
- The American School Counselor Association ethical standards should guide the work of the school counseling program and school counselors.